"Options of other clinics would have cut down the waiting time"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

I have been waiting 6 weeks for a 4 week appointment date to be told I could also be seen at other clinics with the same consultant.

I am now concerned that I have now joined another queue to get an appointment with the clinic that will identify the cause of my skin problem not just prescribe treatments that have caused my condition to get worse.

I am a disabled man in full time employment and my skin condition is making my life more difficult I am desperate to stop this spreading and the more time I have to wait the worse my condition gets.

I should have been given the option of the other clinics at the start of my referral more options lead to shorter waiting time = less patient stress.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting for an appontment with a dermatologist. Unfortunately there is a National shortage of dermatology consultants and this is extending the waiting times for patients as you are fully aware. TRAQS aim to offer as much Choice as possible depending upon the number of local dermatology services available. Due to the complexity of dermatology not all patients can be seen in all clinics which does limit Choice to some extent.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you do not have much longer to wait before you are seen, given a diagnosis and can receive treatment.