"Service from TRAQS in resolving this was excellent."

About: NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

I was disappointed to find that I could not see a GP on the date of contact at Wellington Health Centre.

I was referred to a "Specialist Nurse" who had obviously not referred to my notes and despite my explanation referred me via you to Princess Royal and not Oswestry where previous treatment had taken place.

Service from TRAQS in resolving this - Natalie was excellent.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience which you feel could have been dealt with much more effectively by your local GP Practice.

TRAQS aims to offer patients a choice of location for their appointment. If there is no request for you to see a specific consultant when a referral is received from your GP, we always offer alternative locations for your convenience. I am sure you will understand that TRAQS cannot comment on how your referral was sent through to us. However, it would appear that there was no specific request for you to attend Oswestry Hospital, which would explain your referral to Princess Royal Hospital. I am pleased to note that TRAQS was able to resolve this problem and you were referred to the hospital of your choice.

Thank you again for your comments which are much appreciated.