"I was in search of a doctor due ..."

About: St Thomas' Hospital (London)

I was in search of a doctor due to an unusual condition I had experienced in the past few days, I needed to know what was wrong with me. I tried without success looking for a GP to see close to my place of work, and finally found my way to St Thomas. I find it amazing that in a city the size of London it is so hard to find a GP - a real one, not just somebody dispensing prescriptions. I had to wait a long time but they dealt with everybody in turn, unless very serious. Staff were kind and helpful from the security staff to the doctors. I was left with the impression of a happy environment which I found comforting. I was thrilled by the GP who took the trouble to investigate fully and A&E staff who did their work very efficiently.

Not a lot really. Staff were thorough and cheerful, even with the odd complaing patient who thought they were more deserving than the rest. Score - 10 out of 10!

Response from St Thomas' Hospital

For several reasons, London has historically had fewer GPs per head of population than other parts of the country. This means that the capital's A&E departments have often chosen to have GPs present to see and treat those patients who are not seriously ill. We're pleased to hear that this worked well for you.