"You've made such a difference to my life"

About: Royal Derby Hospital / Gastroenterology

I have been Dr Norton's patient for 10 years now. All throughout my treatment he has been wonderful. My medical history is complex and I've visited most diagnostic and clinical areas at Derby royal but I feel Dr Norton deserves a MASSIVE thank you.

its usually the surgeons who get the Thank yous so it's time a medic got recognised for his work. I have never met a more caring considerate wonderful doctor - and I've met many through my work as a senior health worker and as a patient. I can't praise him enough! The staff both on ward 307 gastro and out patients clinic are also worth a mention as they are always polite and helpful. I've spent many weeks as an inpatient and I've never had a bad experience on the ward - touch wood I've not been in for a while.

I've nominated Dr Norton for a Daily Mail award too. All the staff have nothing but good things to say about him and that speaks volumes.

So THANK YOU once again Dr Norton. You've made such a difference to my life

Response from Jim Roberts, Marketing Manager, Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback. We are really pleased to hear about the quality of care you have received at the Royal Derby Hospital.

Our staff try very hard to provide the best possible patient care and I shall ensure that your positive comments are passed on to them.

In addition to the Daily Mail award you may want to consider nominating Dr Norton for a 'Pride of Derby' award – which is the our staff recognition scheme. If so, please visit: www.derbyhospitals.nhs.uk/pride

Update posted by MissLoopy (the patient)

Dear Mr Roberts

I will be nominating Dr Norton as soon as I can get onto the site.

If you would like more feed back about my care at Royal Derby Hospital let me know via this site and I will get in touch with you personally.

Miss Loopy