"The Wells Road Centre (Lister Ward)"

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Posted by Advocacy on behalf of a patient

I am a patient on Lister Ward and I wish to say that I think the staff on this ward do a very good job even when faced with difficult challenges. I feel I am on a journey to getting better and really appreciate the support the staff give you. Staff are always there "to catch you if you fall" and they offer help in getting through difficult times.

I would just like to express my thanks to all the staff on the ward in helping me on my journey to get better and supporting me at the difficult times.

It was lovely to read about your time on the ward and how the staff have helped in your recovery. They will be really pleased to hear this.

I am sure your story will give hope to others reading about your journey.

Response from Yvonne Bird, Community Forensics OT, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

It was really lovely to hear this positive comment and at a very good time when as a new team we need it most. In the busy and difficult times on Lister ward we have received support and advice from the whole unit and this has boosted the confidence of the whole team.

We have a number of areas in which we want to develop but I think we are gradually and steadily developing. I feel proud to say that all disciplines particularly our nurses have invested most of their time in the direct patient care and this does help us most in improving the quality of care.

Many Thanks