"Very good experience at Bassetlaw hospital. Thank..."

About: Bassetlaw Hospital

I was so scared to have this MRI with contrast agent... I have a panic disorder, I'm claustrophobic and, on top of that, I'm from France LOL My appointement was scheduled for 10:20. I arrived at 9:30 and the exam had already started at 9:45! Not only was the reception and medical staff very patient and friendly, checking on me and making sure I was ok, telling me where we were in the scans and how much time left I would stay in the machine, explaning me about the contrast agent, etc., but, although the CD player was supposed to be broken, they were able to play my Mika CD in the earphones, which really helped me relaxing. Everyone had a massive smile on their face, and when you're stressed, it's pby one of the best cure! The only bad timing happened when the music restarted after my injection: the first lyrics I heard were : Say goodbye to the world you thought you lived in... LOL And that's the only not so good thing I can say about this experience! Thank you so much!

Response from Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Best wishes from the Medical Imaging team.

Response from Bassetlaw Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience in the MRI unit. We recognise that many patients are nervous, as the scanner can appear daunting, especially if you are claustrophobic. We do all we can to put patients at their ease, and reassure them because we find that if you know what's happening, you can accept it more easily, and even relax. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from patients, especially about our staff, who work hard to provide a good service; so thank you once again. we really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments online. Best wishes from the Medical Imaging team.