"Hysterectomy at william harvey"

About: William Harvey Hospital / Gynaecology

Shocking care here apart from 2 staff.

Morning after my surgery, I was asked if I wanted to go home. My sats were still low, I was on oxygen with a catheter still and pain pump and had not been out of bed at 8am.

Night staff chattering all night disturbing our bay of four, and other co patients seemingly given substandard care. We formed a group where we helped each other.

Typical for the reputation of this hospital.

Response from Julie Pearce, Chief Nurse + Director of Quality + Operations, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback and I am sorry that you were unhappy with your experience. So that we can work through the improvement points, it would be very useful if you could email me your details and I will arrange for you to speak with myself and the Matron responsible for the service.

I do hope you are recovering well from your procedure.

Please accept my apologies I forgot to add my email address for you to make contact with me so that I can follow your experience through. You can contact me on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net

Many thanks