"treatment via A & E for pain in the chest"

About: York Hospital

I had been concerned about a pain in my chest that would not go away after 2 days. I attended the A and E explained the problem and was immediately shown to a cubicle where I had an ECG and blood pressure checks. I then waited (during an obviously busy Bank Holiday Sunday) for a further assessment which was performed extremely efficiently and I was then taken to a ward for further checks. These were carried out and throughout the day whilst I was waiting the results I was able to observe the staff and the problems they had to contend with. I left the hospital after being advised my tests were OK and the pain was muscular skeletal. The doctor and nurses were professional and although I had to discharge myself without seeing a consultant due to my concerns over situation at home I was extremely relieved to have been told there was nothing major to worry about. My sincere thanks to all concerned on that busy day.

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visit to us was very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.