"Excellent A&E care of broken thumb"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I attended A&E on a Wednesday morning after suspecting a broken thumb. The waiting time said it was 2 hours; I was seen by the assessment nurse almost immediately, sent straight to xray, saw a Dr who confirmed a hairline fracture then bandaged up and discharged within an hour of arriving. The staff were very professional and efficient despite being somewhat under pressure. My only complaint would be the number of other patients in the waiting room moaning about how long they had been waiting (some of whom were seen before me), and patients aggressively swearing at the staff who were trying their hardest.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for this positive feedback. I will share your comments with the Emergency Department team which I am sure they will appreciate

Cath Marsland Head of Risk and Safety

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams who were pleased to hear that you had a good experience at our hospital, barring the comments from other patients waiting.

Patient and Customer Services Manager