"My 3 year old son admitted after breaking his..."

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

My son was recently admitted to the Children’s A&E department. A door had slammed shut on his finger, breaking his finger and nearly taking the tip off. We were seen as soon as we walked through the door. He was seen by a nurse who cleaned it, then by a consultant who arranged for x-rays. Once it was realised his finger was broken, it was bandaged up and the consultant referred us to Manchester for him to see a Plastic Surgeon that very day. In all we were there a couple of hours, he had been seen by numerous people, nurses, consultants, radiologist - all that had the same intention of getting my son better and fixing his finger. After an operation, he is now better. The service we received at Bolton was second to none. Thank you to everyone that helped my son. I appreaciate everything you did for him.

Response from Heather Edwards, Head of Communications, Bolton NHS Foundation Trust

This must have been very painful for your son and worrying for you so it is good to know that he was seen quickly and his operation arranged. Thank you for sharing your comments and we hope your son continues to make good progress.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital