"First class"

About: Ashford Hospital

I was transferred to Chaucer Ward from St Peter's Hospital after falling and fracturing the socket of my left hip. Within an amazingly short time the team had me up and walking. The time I spent in Ashford Hospital revived my faith in the NHS, which had been somewhat battered by spells in rehab following a massive stroke in 2003. The teamwork and professionalism at Ashford was such that my wife said she'd like to write to the CEO in praise of the facility. Okay, we rarely have much choice of hospital, but I'd recommend this to anyone. I only found this review section by looking for the full address so that I can send a post card from an impending holiday in the Gironde, France; a major reason for wanting to be walking asap. Amazingly, the food was quite good - sadly,some staff thought me sarcastic when I complimented them on it. In fairness, hospital food is unlikely to match that at home, but a good effort nevertheless.

Response from Ashford Hospital

We are pleased to hear you felt so well cared for on Chaucer Ward and will pass your kind words to the team over there. Thank you for complimenting the quality of the food and we hope you enjoyed your holiday.