"A & E Department was excellent"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

Whilst on a visit to the area my wife broke a bone in her foot which required a visit to the hospital. She was booked in, saw a triage nurse, saw a doctor, had an X-ray and had her foot treated in just under one hour. Amazing! The staff were all friendly and helpful. This was all the more impressive as the A & E was quit busy and we did fear a long wait. Well done to evry one in the Department.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Dear Sir, I hope your wife's foot is healing well and that she is not experiencing too much discomfort. How unfortunate for you to have to include a trip to A&E whilst here on holiday ! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your very positive story of your wife's care. I am delighted that she received all the help she needed in a timely fashion and that all the staff you came into contact with were warm, helpful and friendly. Receiving feedback like this means everything to our staff. Busy or not, it is exactly this kind of care that we want to provide every day, to all patients, across all of our hospitals. Your kind and thoughtful words of praise will be passed on to both the A&E team and the xray department. I apologise for the delay in responding to your post but I have experienced some technical difficulties accessing the NHS choices website - I hope these are now resolved. With best wishes and many thanks once again, Annie Annie Laverty - Director of Patient Experience.