"Not pleasant"

About: Milton Keynes Hospital

My circumstances are a little different, but I did not appreciate the service provided due to my specific medical problems. I suffer from anxiety and panic which brings on loss of consciousness and seizures (aarythmia leading to panic and drop in blood pressure...), and on my initial visit I felt an attack approaching. I did as I was supposed to do and sat on the floor (to prevent injury) and gained the attention of a nurse. I explained to her that I was about to lose consciousness and she told me I wasn't. I insisted and a few moments later I was being moved in a wheelchair into a room, where I then passed out and fell from the chair. Upon waking I should have said "I told you so!" On my next visit I was made to wait for more than an hour, suffering panic and anxiety throughout. It seems the staff, including doctors, do not understand this aspect of my condition at all. While the nurses are always pleasant and deserve praise for what they do, my main ailment is these attacks - brought on by my condition. They don't seem to understand this at all.

Response from Milton Keynes Hospital

Firstly, Milton Keynes Hospital would like to apologise for the length of time it has taken to reply. The Trust is sorry to hear of your experience of the Cardiology Department and your comments have been passed to the responsible managers for their information and action. If you would like to discuss this further or make a complaint then please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01908 243633 or 01908 243181 or alternatively e-mail patientexperience@mkhospital.nhs.uk or write to the main hospital address. Thank you.