"my husband was a patient in march ..."

About: The Heart Hospital

my husband was a patient in march 2007 for valve replacement. his care package was very acceptable and the staff were always on hand to answer any questions or worries. a fantastic tribute to the health service and to the staff who work there. a big thankyou from myself and my family. keep up the good work!

admittance procedures and family accomodation. we had to be admitted to another ward while they were making space for my husband upstairs. the accomodation offered to family is very basic and uncomfortable and very noisy. when i was there the lift wasn't working either only stayed one night and ended up travelling daily because it was less stressful.

Response from The Heart Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to send your kind comments in. We are sorry the admission process and lack of a working lift was a less positive experience. We are very pleased to confirm that last year we renovated accomodation block of rooms as we knew that it is not up to the standard of the rest of the unit. We very much hope that this has significantly improved the experience for patients and their families.