"no one to get me to the toilet in a wheelchair"

About: Rotherham Hospital / Urology

Been in many times in Sitwell Ward, make friends with lots of staff who are all lovely people.

Sitwell is now joint with outpatients clinic. When I went in, I had to wait 2. 5 hours for a bed, in pain, because I was not able to take my medication.

When a nurse did come, I said "where is everyone? ", she said they were all working in the clinic.

I want to use a catheter to have a pee. There was no one to get me to the toilet in a wheelchair, can't walk.

Had my operation at 5 o'clock. Lot of pain after, sick etc.

Got took out of bed, sent home. The a senior member of staff waas very rude. It was their job to get me out.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Bold609, Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We appreciate patient feedback and were most concerned to read your account of your experience on Sitwell ward, which is clearly not acceptable.

We will raise your concerns with the Lead Nurse for Urology and ask her to investigate your concerns. This will allow us to take appropriate steps to ensure no other patient can have a poor experience such as you have experienced. However, I would be very grateful if you would take a little more time to contact our Patient Services department at complaints@rothgen.nhs.uk or telephone 01709 424461 to allow us to undertake a more thorough investigation of your experience and should be grateful if you would please accept our most sincere apologies.

With best wishes