"Fantastic Care on the Neuro Intensive Care Unit"

About: Southampton General Hospital / Neurology

I was admitted to Southampton General Hospital's Neuro Intensive Care Unit and was overwhelmed by the care and attention that I received in ICU and on the regular ward. My first nurse in ICU (Heather) was amazing, her dedication, care and support I felt was above and beyond my expectations, I would like to personally thank her for helping me through the first 12 hours there. There were then also a few outstanding nurses and HCAs in the neuro ward that also worked above and beyond what I expected. The overall ward manager (Alex) was himself outstanding and ran a very organised ward. The most supportive nurse for me personally was Christine, she helped my through my first night on the ward when my stroke headache pain was at its worst and showed how much she genuinely cared about me.

Response from Southampton General Hospital

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience. If you would like us to pass on your thanks to the individuals concerned please email patientsupportservices@uhs.nhs.uk with your name/date of birth/and date of your stay and we will ensure that your feedback is provided to the specific ward manager to share with the staff concerned.