"Excellent care at the Sharoe Green Unit"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I had a abdominal hysterectomy on the 8th April 2013. I have received excellent care from my first appointment in the outpatients to recovery on the ward. At all times I have been treated with respect, kindness and felt cared for.The nursing , medical and admin teams really are dedicated to delivering a first class service. It means so much to feel cared for when you are facing major surgery.. My two concerns are the shortage of nurses, the nurses on the wards worked so hard and were always rushing to catch up! They do a brilliant job under difficult conditions. My second concern was moving patients from a medical ward to the gynae ward due to bedding shortage, one lady was confused and restless at night, and the other two ended up with a sickness bug.The ward was isolated and it was a very anxious time for the women who had undergone major surgery, luckily we didn't,t catch it ! THANK YOU

Thank you for your feedback and for telling us about the high standard of care and support you received. We were concerned to read your feedback about the lack of nursing staff on the ward as we do appreciate the importance of ensuring that the numbers of staff are appropriate to provide high quality care. The Trust does regularly review staffing numbers and requirements for each clinical area and has made significant investment to increase the nurse staffing establishment over the past few years; your feedback has been shared with senior nursing staff to help inform that process going forward.

We would totally agree that moving patients from one area of the hospital to another for non-clinical reasons are inappropriate and can be very distressing for patients. Please be assured that the Trust is working to improve patient flow in order to prevent patients being moved unless absolutely necessary.