"Outstanding service at the walk in centre"

Feeling very unwell after a week with severe tonsilitis I arrived some ten minutes before the centre opened. There were eighteen people in front of me in the queue but most were going straight in to the waiting room, presumably for blood or X-Ray. There were two desks operating and i was seen very quickly. I was dealt with extremely courteously and I could see that the lady on the other desk was equally efficient and courteous. I did not have to wait long but whilst I was waiting I noticed that the turn over of people having blood taken was exceptionally fast. I was taken into the treatment room by a nurse with a smile on her face whose manner oozed confidence and competence . Her assessment was quick and efficient and I was treated with the utmost courtesy throughout. Diagnosis and treatment was quick and carefully explained. This whole experience was as good as it possibly could be especially considering how unwell I was feeling at the time. It is also unfortunate the the Walk In Centre is not listed as a department! My one complaint is that the spell checker on this form works to American English Every word Processor available has a British English alternative. Was it really not possible to have the same on here! The walk in facility must not be lost to the people of Shepway!

Response from Kent Community Health NHS Trust

Dear Mr Pleasants,

Best wishes

Customer Care Team

Kent Community Health NHS Trust

Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kcht.cct@nhs.net www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Response from Royal Victoria Hospital Folkestone

Dear Mr Pleasants, Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback, which has been shared with the team at the Walk-in Centre. We're pleased that you had such a positive experience, and we hope you are now fully recovered. Best wishes Customer Care Team Kent Community Health NHS Trust Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kcht.cct@nhs.net www.kentcht.nhs.uk