"Not satisfied.."

About: Manchester Royal Eye Hospital

The appointment system is far from satisfactory. I was supposed to be reviewed at the Glaucoma clinic every 6 months but eventually was seen after 15 months. This was despite having to attend the emergency clinic which I thought would have raised my risk factor but evidently didn't. Other appointments have been cancelled several times and sometimes at very short notice. Whilst I am happy about the care I receive once I am seen by the medical staff I am less so re the monitoring process and the ability of the hospital to keep appointments.

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

The Patient Experience Team

Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Manchester Royal Eye Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to learn that your experience of the appointment system of the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital was not as positive as we would hope. It is important to us that comments are heard and seen as an opportunity provided to the service to make changes and improvements wherever possible. In response to your comment, I can tell you that we are reviewing our current appointment systems within a number of our Outpatient clinics. It is difficult to respond to all the posts in a full way often because of a lack of detailed information. Therefore, if you would like to discuss this with us in more detail, please feel free to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 276 8686 or by emailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk. The Patient Experience Team Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust