"A positive experience"

About: Lister Hospital

I recently attended the Lister to have surgery on my neck, which involved an overnight stay. I would like to praise the staff in the post-op recovery ward and ward 11B. All were kind and considerate and genuinely wanted to make me feel better. They were quick to answer if called. The areas that I was in were very clean; I saw the cleaner come round a few times, and staff were quick to clean the toilet if patients had not left it in a fit state. The food was not brilliant but it was adequate and there was a decent choice, and staff always ensured we had enough water and hot drinks. I waited quite a while to be taken up to the ward, and then quite a while to be discharged the next day, but that was understandable as it was clear everyone was very busy. All in all I was very happy with my experience of the Lister.

Response from Lister Hospital

Glad to hear that our doctors and nurses looked after you so well - they will be delighted to read your feedback, which we will get to them as quickly as possible. In the meantime, may we wish you well for the future.