"Very Thankful"

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

I had to call an ambulance on Saturday evening at approx 8.10pm due to an allergic reaction where my airway was closing up causing me great problems in breathing. The first small ambulance was here within 10 minutes and the ambulance man started the treatment on me straight away, then within the next 5 minutes another ambulance turned up as it was clear I needed to go to A&E and 2 lovely ladies turned up to assist and they were absolutely great!! Polite, caring and very professional in the way they dealt with me and I could not thank them enough. They then took me out to the Ambulance and after more medical assistance we proceeded to A&E to be met by several members of staff and their care and service was absolutely fantastic. I cannot thank everyone enough for the help they gave me during my 6 hour stay and cannot fault the service. The staff at A&E and the ambulance crew do an amazing, difficult job and we should be proud that these people are here for us when we need them most. These people work so hard and most of them do very long shifts sometimes I am sure without proper breaks yet they continue to help people and dedicate themselves to providing sometimes lifesaving care. Thank You so much for everything and for basically saving my life. Amazing!! Thank goodness for the NHS.

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

Dear Colin, thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback. We hope you have made a full recovery from your frightening experience. Your kind comments have been passed on to our A&E team. We do not provide an ambulance / paramedic service. This is provided by the London Ambulance Service. If you have time, we are sure they would appreciate you posting your feedback at www.nhs.uk/services/trusts/reviewsandratings/defaultview.aspx?id=29236 (or search for London Ambulance Service on www.nhs.uk).