"A&E Department plus Assessment ward."

About: Calderdale Royal Hospital

My mother arrived at A&E by Ambulance.She was started straight away on treatment for Pneumonia.She was then laid on a trolley in great discomfort(,she has Spinal Stinosis)for 10 hours in the dept.I would like to say the Doctors/Nurses were very apologetic but the fact remains she had to lay there for 10 hours..Luckily her family were able to offer some comfort over this very long period. She was taken to an assessment ward, the doctor had told me she would be be admitted to the acute medical ward.After three days on oxygen the family were told she would be moved to the complex care ward as she needed more care. The next afternoon to my mums distress she was told she was going back to her care home.This without discussion with her family. My mother has not recovered wel,l and is not helped by the fact she feels she was sent back when she was very ill. I would never let my mother be taken to Halifax again.

Response from Calderdale Royal Hospital

We are sorry to hear of your mother's very poor experience of our services and would welcome the opportunity to investigate the issues raised. To this end, we would be grateful if you would contact our Patient Advice and Complaint Service on 0800 013 0018, or email at Patient Advice@cht.nhs.uk so that we can investigate your concerns.