"Thanks to A and E staff after RTA on Sun 5th May..."

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

Our thanks to all the A and E staff at QEQM who treated us after a serious road traffic accident on Sunday 5th May 2013. Please pass on our thanks to the team in A and E.Majors The nurses and staff showed the utmost kindness and compassion . A particular thank you to one nurse who stayed with me and came back to wish me good luck before going off duty and the technician who applied my plaster. As two ladies, a long way from home, without any support, the staff were able to reassure us and took great care with our belongings. They managed to respond in a very professional way despite being under great pressure as this was a sunny bank holiday Sunday and the A and E was packed with patients. Well done We do not feel that it would have been appropriate for either of us to have been taken over thirty miles to Ashford, as first suggested by the ambulance technician and feel strongly that QEQM should have a full trauma capacity.

Response from Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we are pleased to hear of the compassionate care and understanding that you received after what must have been an extremely traumatic experience. Your comments will be reported to the Matron in charge of the unit so that she can share them with the staff involved. We would also like to use your comments as part of our training programme to highlight the small things, such as the nurse coming back to wish you luck, that make all the difference. We hope that you are recovering well from your experience and wish you well in the future.

Thank you very much for taking time to provide us with feedback. We are always very proud of our staff, they work hard to provide an efficient service with kindness and compassion. I will make sure that they are aware of your kind words.

I do hope that both of you are making a good recovery following your accident.