"exceptional standard of care and courtesy"

About: Russells Hall Hospital

My daughter had a recent admission to Russells Hall Hospital, and i feel moved to report the exceptionally high standard of compassionate and courteous care and communication that my daughter and myself recieved. I was with my daughted for 36 hours during the entire admission, and we encountered staff in A & E, Sonography, the general surgical team, paediatrics and hotel staff. At all times I felt that we were being actively listened to, treated with respect, and given appropriate information and choices. I also witnessed staff taking time to attend to patients in waiting areas to ensure that they were comfortable and to reasure them. Rushing my 8 year old daughter into hospital that required an emergency admission was a traumatic experience for me, but the quality of care my daughter and i recieved gave us the assurance that we were in the right hands. Thank you

Response from Alice Ford, Communications and Staff Engagement Officer, Communications and Patient Experience, The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Thank you for giving us feedback about your daughters care. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did. We know that it can be very stressful when a child is taken ill, so it is wonderful to hear that you felt assured that your daughter was in safe hands during her time at our hospital. We are pleased to hear that you felt fully informed about the care and treatment your daughter received, as effective communication is an important part of high quality care. I will pass your lovely comments on to all the teams involved in your daughter’s care. I’m sure they will be very pleased to receive them.