"over and above"

About: William Harvey Hospital

After attending an emergency appointment at our GPs I had to take my son to A&E at Ashford because of its opthalmology dept. The waiting room was heaving as it was a Friday night, but we were seen within two hours and had a clear referral route. We were then directed to Rotary ward for further examinations - we were seen by a wonderfully caring doctor who in my opinion went over and above my expectations to ensure my son was taken care of. After escalting his case, another doctor was called in from home and saw my boy after midnight. We were able to leave knowing there wasn't anything seriously wrong and although investigations are ongoing, we were very grateful for such care. Fantastic service - thank you so much.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

We would like to thank you for your extremely positive feedback and this will be fedback to our staff in all departments as it is highly motivating when our patients provide us with comments such as yours. We are pleased that you had such good care and that you are reassured at what must have been a worrying time. We hope that all goes well in the future with any further treatment.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your son's experience of our services. It must have been a stressful time for you both, so it is great to hear that we cared for you well. I will ensure that staff on rotary ward receive your feedback.

Hope all goes well with the further investigations.