"My dads fast recovery thanks to great care"

About: Adult community services / Breathing Space Rotherham Hospital / Accident and emergency

My dad was recently admitted to Rotherham Nhs hospital. He was admitted via A&E, transferred to B1 and was moved to A2. He finished his treatment at Breathing Space. His condition was stabilised within 48 hours to the point where he was well enough to be transferred to Breathing Space for the last part of his journey.

I was able to be with him in A&E and visited him on B1 where the staff were extremely good with him. I witnessed very busy working environments but that did not detract from the good care that my dad received.

My dad would like me to express his thanks to all involved but especially the staff on A2. He felt really looked after.

I am really appreciative of all the hard work and the efficiency of aiding my dad back to health. He is recently bereaved and has a dog who a neighbour looked after whilst he was in hospital. It meant the world to him to return home so quickly.

As a nurse, it is hard being on the other side of the bed but I felt reassured that he was in good hands. Thank you and well done.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear LJz, thank you for your posting on Patient Opinion, we really appreciate patient feedback and it is great to hear of the positive experience you had with our staff and that your father felt well supported during in his hospital stay.

We will ensure that yours and your father’s thanks are passed on to the staff concerned.

With best wishes,