"Child Development Services have helped my family through an extremely difficult time"

About: Derriford Hospital / Paediatrics Scott Hospital, child development centre

(as a parent/guardian),

We have been receiving care for our son, who was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy over one year ago.

His care has been overseen by Dr Marsh, and his physiotherapist is Sally, both based at the CDC in Plymouth. I have found the whole team (and particularly the two individuals above) helpful, kind, considerate, understanding and solidly supportive.

They have helped us through an extremely difficult time, helping us to make informed decisions and to do what is best for our son. I am sure that I have been a challenging parent at times when things have gotten emotionally challenging but they have been there without skipping a beat.

I cannot praise them enough. Thank you.

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good afternoon

I would like to thank you on behalf of Dr Marsh, Sally, Physiotherapist and the team at the CDC in Plymouth for your message of thanks which I will be delighted to forward to them. I know they will be very pleased to hear that their support has been of such benefit to you during a difficult time.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact Patient Opinion with your feedback.

Best wishes