"First class Inpatient care"

About: Lings Bar Hospital / Inpatient nursing and rehabilitation Queen's Medical Centre / Neurology

I was admitted to QMC HDU with severe sepsis secondary to cellulitis and IGAS. Being very poorly I have little recollection of that time except that the HDU staff were very professional and the food was very good. My neurologist was fully involved in helping me to recover from the (apparently common) Intensive care paranoia syndrome.

After 2 weeks I was transferred on a Friday afternoon from QMC to Lings Bar Hospital (John Procter ward) for rehabilitation. As it was a bank holiday weekend, there was little activity (i.e. no physiotherapists or consultant) until the following Tuesday. At the time this was quite frustrating but because recovery from my illness needs rest and time, this was probably best for me.

As with QMC, the food was very good and I felt free to exercise at my own pace.

The staff were very friendly and encouraging, answered my questions and took time to explain what was happening.

I am sure that the caring atmosphere in the ward helped me to recover sufficiently to go home after only 2 weeks.

In summary, I feel that I have seen the NHS at its best.

Response from Jessica Haggett, Patient Experience Officer, Communications, Nottingham University Hospitals Trust

Thank you for your kind feedback. We will ensure your lovely comments are shared with relevant colleagues.

Response from Sara Jane Ashmore, Interim General Manager for Rushcliffe, Rushcliffe Locality, County Health Partnerships

Thank you so much for taking the time to record your experience regarding your care at Lings Bar Hospital – I am so pleased that you felt the care was so good and helped you to recover as quickly as you did. The teams will be delighted to see your comments and are always very proud to read such positive feedback on the care they deliver. I shall make sure that all our wards see the feedback from you as it really does make a difference to us to know when patients are happy with the care we deliver.

I do hope you continue to recover well Thank you again.

Sara Jane Ashmore