"lack of courtesy when phoning"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

my sister in law was admitted over a week ago and on my first visit it took me nearly half an hour to find her ward [E3] lack of signing and nobody around to ask. It took 7 mns to buzz me into the ward. When I rang some days later to enquire how she was the person on the ward phone answered with yes & no with very little interest in their voice and stated they had just come on so had to go. They made me feel like a nuisance for ringing. Not a good start for me.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post this response and I apologise for your experience, we encourage staff to be courteous at all times whether talking to someone in person or on the phone. Signage is curerntly being reviewed within the hospital and I will feedback your comments regarding this to the relevant department

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not been responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams for them to reflect and learn from your experience so that improvements could be made in the services we offer.

Patient and Customer Services Manager