"The pinnacle of health care"

About: Northern General Hospital

When I was admitted to the Hospital through the A&E department, I was treated with the utmost respect and care. All of the staff who took care of me, from the porters to the surgeons, made sure I understood what was happening at all times. Every request I made of the staff was met with punctuality and courtesy. The nurses in Huntsman wards 4 and 7 were especially attentive. The nurses in recovery were absolutely brilliant. One could not hope to meet nicer people. The anaesthetists and their support staff were kind, patient and very understanding. The surgeons who dealt with my case were top notch! The staff in diagnostic imaging (X-ray & CT Scanning) were very efficient and friendly. I've run out of adjectives to describe how well the staff perform their duties and the treatment patients receive at their hands. I have tried to remember all of the staff who dealt with me. I am not very good at remembering individual names and would hate to think I have left anyone out. Therefore instead of mentioning them all separately, I have named the departments in which they work and hope that this will suffice. It was an experience that I will never forget.

Response from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I hope you continue to recover well.

Response from Northern General Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent journey through our hospital. I am glad you had such a positive experience and will make sure your comments are fed back to the staff involved in the deprtments you name. I hope you continue to recover well.