"A stay in ENT at heartlands hospital"

About: Good Hope Hospital / Accident & emergency Heartlands Hospital / Accident and emergency Heartlands Hospital / Ear, Nose and Throat

Severe nose bleed - epistaxis

I attended Good Hope Hospital with above mentioned problem. Although they were very helpful unfortunately there is no ENT Department so was transferred to the Heartlands Hospital. Unfortunately I had to be transferred from one A&E department to another which made the stay In A&E lengthy although the staff were helpful.

I was then transferred to ward 12. The staff were very nice especially the auxiliary nurses who couldn't do enough for patients with a smile all the time. I was seen by ENT doctors who were equally as kind. I was then transferred to ward 5 where again I cannot complain about anything because all staff were equally as cheerful even though busy. I commend all your staff on both wards and thank Dr Raurie Page and the ENT team for their help.

What could be better: if one has been to one A&E department and then transferred maybe the communication between departments could shorten the waiting time. I attended GHH at 7:15 and after transfer left Heartlands A&E at around 2 pm-ish to a ward. This is not a complaint but if anything could be improved it would be this.

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your comments. I will pass on your kind words to Dr Page and the ENT staff on ward 5. I will forward your comments of your experience regarding the waiting times to the General Manager for ENT. I wish you a speedy recovery.