"Cataract"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I had a cataract operation in Wm Harvey this year and had a lot of trouble afterwards. I phoned for help and was referred to the referring optician who removed several eye lashes from my eyelids. I had to see them several times. In the meantime the optician contacted the ophthalmology department twice ( they had lost the first report). They told me that I would be sent an appointment within six weeks but so far I have heard nothing.

I was not seen by the surgeon before the operation and they were very rough. Now I have constant watering of my eye and have heard nothing about the second eye being done.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

We are sorry to hear of the problems that you have experienced and if you would like help and wish to discuss the problems you are experiencing regarding your appointment please contact the Patient Experience Team at ekh-tr.patientexperienceteam@nhs.net and they will escalate your concern to the department concerned. If you would also like to discuss your concerns regarding your care they will be able to assist you in taking them forward. Your comments will be logged onto our database and sent to the Opthalmology Department so that they are aware of the concerns that you have raised regarding your care in the meantime.