"MAU - ' Like Beruit on a Saturday Night'"

About: Tameside General Hospital

My wife was admitted to the MAU recently with pneumonia. The ward is noisy, under-staffed and appears dis-organised. Staff promise to attend to the patients and then start another chore and forget the original request. The staff make a great play of how busy they are, and they probably are, but the effect is one of being more concerned with their situation of that of the patients.

Response from Tameside General Hospital

Thank you for posting your experience of the MAU on the NHS Choices website. I am sorry that your experience fell short of what we aspire to at Tameside. I will urgently discuss your comments with the MAU Managers and Matron. Thank you for sharing your experience. Kind regards John Goodenough Director of Nursing ‘’Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at John.Goodenough@tgh.nhs.uk

Response from John Goodenough, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your experience.

John Goodenough