"Efficient A&E care"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Accident and emergency

I had an operation at Wrightington on Saturday. By Thursday a sceptic boil appeared on my right hand which I thought was related to the op.

I went to Tameside on Thursday evening. My past experience has been mixed in terms of time although service has always been good.

I was seen in 1 1/2 hours and the problem dealt with very well. The service seems to have been made much more efficient and the staff were excellent and informative.

Response from John Goodenough, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive experience of Tameside Accident and Emergency Department on the Patient Opinion website. I will ensure the Accident and Emergency team are made aware of your kind comments.

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

“Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at

john.goodenough@tgh.nhs.uk