"May be a good hospital but no reaching ayone of..."

About: Zachary Merton Hospital

I tried 14 times calling this hospital in the space of 2 hours during business hours

Your will get 10 choices moving from 1, the wards 2, Admin, 3,Physio and so on.

As I am trying to reach a patient on the wards, it is only a question of pressing 1, 14 times, then waiting, and finally being advised by a male voice,

"To access your messages press 9"

Well I don't have any messages and I expect a hospital to be able to pick up the phone

This may be a good hospital, but you had better give paitients a mobile phone, or you will achieve nothing calling

Response from Catherine O'Regan, Web and Social Media Manager, Marketing and Communications, Sussex Community NHS Trust

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy about the service here, that that it has taken so long for us to respond on this website.

Our aim is always to offer the best possible service. So we hope our patients will talk to us directly about any concerns they might have so we can review what has happened and put things right where necessary.

To help us do this in your case, please feel free to contact our service experience team on 01273 242292 or via sc-tr.serviceexperience@nhs.net

Patient feedback is vitally important to us. It can help us put things right and improve services for the benefit of other patients. So we hope to hear from you soon.

Response from Zachary Merton Hospital

Thank you for this feedback. I’ll raise the problems you describe both with our telephone people and the staff at the hospital. Please accept my apologies for this poor service.