"Rude doctor sent by 111 service Putney"

About: Harmoni / NHS 111

Needed help for my 91 yr old mother, she was vomiting badly and we needed an out of hours visit.

First thing they wanted to do was to send her to hospital A&E - not the right thing for what was a urine infection.

The doctor who arrived firstly refused to shake my hand. Asked irrelevant questions. Didn't know one of the drugs on mums sheet. A woman was with him. Didn't introduce herself or explain why she was there.

The doc wanted to give us a prescription for antibiotics but didn't know any chemist which would be open at that time on a Sunday to process it. This should be known or a list carried. Eventually there were some in his car. Why did he not know what was in the car?

Unhelpful, rude and did not give me any confidence.

Response from Simon Mills, NHS 111 Clinical Lead, NHS Wandsworth CCG

I am really sorry to hear of your concerns regarding the Out Of Hours GP service, and would like to discuss your experience in more detail. With this in mind, I would be grateful if you could email our Customer Care Manager at wandsworth.pals@nhs.net, with your contact details.

Response from Amanda Mayo, NHS 111 Service Director, Harmoni

I am so sorry that your experience was not what you expected.

I would be really grateful if you could send your contact telephone number, your mothers contact details including her name, date of contact with the service and her date of birth to harmoni 111.feedback@nhs.net I will pass your concerns onto the relevant service.

I hope that your mother is now feeling better.