"Blood Test with phlebotomist"

About: Rowley Regis Hospital

This hospital has one overwhelming plus when it comes to blood tests, you do not have to make an appointment, you just turn up with your GP request form. Someone else has said there is a lack of privacy, but as you only have to bare an arm, I don't see this as a problem and I am quite sure the phlebotomist would close the door if asked. The blood testing is done in a separate room, its not as though people are around you when blood testing is being done. One thing I have found is, if you go in the first half of the morning, the wait can be quite long. I now go between 11am and 1pm and never have to wait more than 15 mins and sometimes I can go straight in.

Response from Rowley Regis Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our blood testing service. We have developed our service to try and offer as flexible a service as possible, which has involved providing clinics across the region. This means that our patients do not have to travel as far and can have their blood taken quickly, in a location most convenient to them. Please check our website (https://www.swbh.nhs.uk/services/blood-tests/) for the full list of locations where you can have your blood test. Toby Lewis, Chief Executive.