"Exceptional care in A&E Dept"

About: University Hospital Of North Tees / Accident and emergency

After a cystoscopy carried out at another non related centre I developed a severe infection. I contacted my GP who advised we should get to the closest A &E (North Tees as it happens)

My GP explained that I was seriously ill and she would contact your hospital in advance of my arrival there. On arrival I was moved to the front the queue and treatment commenced within minutes. I was fully explained every action required, was shown the utmost courtesy and respect in what was a very delicate part of my anatomy.

I arrived in extreme pain not having passed urine for 40 hours and left 2.5 hours later with the full after care package (excuse the pun) I cannot speak highly enough of the reception staff, nurses both male and female and of the Doctor who managed my treatment.

Thank you so very much for your care, respect, speed, professionalism, advice and ability to deal with and remove the panic that was settling in on me.

Response from University Hospital Of North Tees

Dear oldflemo, Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on NHS choices. We are pleased to hear that satisfied with the level of care you received from our accident and emergency team. We will be sure to pass on your thanks for their professionalism and hope that you are now well on the way to recovery.