"Grateful for a good experience"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

I was asked to attend a colposcopy examination in the Gynae department of the NNUH. I spent weeks brooding over the potential horrors of the situation I was faced with, I even researched other people's experiences etc. I was incredibly tense on the morning of the procedure.

The self-check in system in the waiting room was a bonus for matters of privacy and confidentiality and the receptionist quietly asked me if I would provide my phone number to update my record on their system.

The doctor I was taken care by was brilliant, very reassuring, down-to-earth and kept up a stream of jokes to put me at ease. The nurse on duty was also fantastic, they were very friendly and showed genuine concern/ empathy.

The procedure was quick, I was kept informed of what was happening and both of the staff were patient and allowed me plenty of time to get dressed/ chill out after.

Thank you to both, if I ever have to undergo the same I will be much less wary!

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

We are pleased to hear that our staff were able to put you at your ease when undergoing a procedure that was worrying you. Your feedback will be passed to the team who like to hear feedback from patients.