"Gastroscopy and Endoscopy 26th January 2013"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary

As a former nurse I am terrified of hospitals, illness and being at the mercy of anyone else. I was admitted into the endoscopy department on a very snowy Saturday at 12.30 for the two procedures. I was utterly terrified; the prep you have to have for this test was unpleasant to say the least. The staff were lovely, the doctor was kind and polite. The nurses in the procedure room were really sweet and I have nothing but praise for them. I can honestly not fault a moment of the care, treatment and experience. I was dreading the whole thing but to be honest it restored my faith in the NHS. I cannot praise them highly enough my problem is that it has taken me so long to write this comment for which I do apologise. I do hope that the staff in this department does get this positive feedback.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your most positive comments in respect of your experience when attending the Endoscopy Department. I will ensure that these are passed on to the team. I am confident that your comments, when read by others, will offer reassurance to patients awaiting this procedure so thank you again for sharing this through Patient Opinion.