"The speed was amazing"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital / Cardiology South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

My brother visited me recently in East Dorset, & 1 hour after arriving, he had a heart attack!

I called 999, the operator took his details, then asked to speak to him. As they were speaking, the ambulance arrived - it was as if it had been waiting around the corner!

The speed of his treatment was amazing, and we are extremely grateful to the young crew, who diagnosed the problem, and transported him swiftly to Royal Bournemouth Hospital, where 2 stents were inserted in to his coronary artery on arrival! We cannot praise this service highly enough.

Thank you.

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

Hi reuby

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. I can understand that this was a very scary time for you and your family and I hope your brother is recovering well after his operation.

It is always really wonderful to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to patients and their families when they need it most. I will share your story with our staff and managers and I'm sure they will really appreciate your comments.

Thank you, again.

Sara

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Reuby

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We take all feedback very seriously and use it to inform improvements to the services we provide.

Thank you for noting our high standards of care from the Cardiac, the Speedy response time good and the team work across the services.

We will share your feedback with the relevant staff who will be delighted

We do aspire to every department being 10/10

Thank you again and hope your brother makes a speedy recovery.

Sue