"hospital stay"

About: Hexham General Hospital

All the staff were kind and helpful. Before going in, due to past experiences, I was concerned that when I was confined to bed my bell wold go unanswered. However whenever I rang somebody appeared nearly immediately. My room was lovely, spotless with my own shower and toilet. Nobody enjoys being in hospital but I give the nurses and co-workers full marks.

Response from Hexham General Hospital

Dear Marie,

Hope you are well. Thank you for finding the time to share your recent experience of Hexham and our gynaecology service.

It was lovely to read that you received the kind, attentive care we would expect our staff to provide, in an environment that met all your needs for cleanliness and privacy.

Every week measure these fundamental aspects of care - we know they are the things that really matter to our patients and we also know how important it is to feel quickly reassured when naturally feeling a little nervous about spending any time in hospital.

You refer to a previous experience that you were concerned about - I do hope this wasn’t under our care, but if it was I would like to hear more about it so we can try to rectify it. You can contact me directly at annie.laverty@northumbria.nhs.uk.

Kindest regards