"X ray department shambles"

About: Doncaster Royal Infirmary

I have just been sat in the x ray department for nearly 2 hour's, I questioned the reception twice about my appointment, to be told I will be seen shortly, eventually I told them I had to go, because I had an appointment elsewhere, to which they got up and went to find out why I had waited so long, to be told they didnt want to see me. And all I got was it's not my fault, and then went on to blame the ultrasound department waste of time and effort. A complete shambles. No communication what so ever.

Response from Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust We have made a change

Malcolm Greenwood,

General Manager of Medical Imaging

Response from Doncaster Royal Infirmary

We're really sorry that this happened and made the Medical Imaging team aware that this had happened as soon as we read your comment. They looked into it to find out why you had such a long wait between your scans and why you weren't kept informed. There was a breakdown in communication between the ultrasound team and the x-ray team, which meant that unfortunately the x-ray team were not aware you were waiting to be seen. Obviously, this shouldn't have happened and we apologise for that. We've revised the procedure for patients who are having more than one test or scan in the Medical Imaging department to ensure that there is good communication between different teams and this doesn't happen again. We have also reminded staff that it is important patients are treated with respect and courtesy. I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention and I apologise again for the inconvenience this caused you. Malcolm Greenwood, General Manager of Medical Imaging