"An outstanding hospital service - don't change a..."

About: Frimley Park Hospital (Frimley)

This review is for A&E admissions and the Surgical Short Stay unit, 5-7 May 2013.

An emergency admission, I was treated with respect, care, consideration and sensitivity by everyone that I can into contact with, from the triage staff to the porter, all the ward staff, and the senior consultants and Doctors. There was no superior attitude shown by anyone: everyone was caring, concerned, efficient and filled you with confidence.

Outstanding. Clean, tidy, well kept and cared for. My only negative comment is that the cleaner was clumsy and thus noisy - clattering around and banging into things which was disturbing. That's the worst thing that happened, and noise aside, she did clean well.

All staff explained what they were doing, who they were, and were polite, courteous, and ensured I understood what they were saying - very important when you're a little "spaced out" from pain relief.

Food: Good choices, hot, good portion sizes and tasty. Food is a great comforter, and if you haven't eaten for a couple of days, to have a nice meal is wonderful.

All the nursing staff were efficient, kind, and caring, ensuring that whatever discomfort medically I was in, they didn't unduly add to that discomfort, and did everything they could to comfort and sooth. A small but excellent example - I'd folded a pillow over to get a little more height to help with swallowing. One of the male staff nurses took one look, disappeared and reappeared a minute later with another pillow, which he then helped to put behind my head. Such small details of spontaneous care mean the world when you're feeling low.

I do hope that the managers pick up on these comments, and thank all the staff on the SSS unit. As I say in the title - don't change a thing.

Frimley Park Hospital is head and shoulders above The Royal Surrey and St Peters. A flag ship hospital. Well done.