"My baby boy born at East Surrey"

About: East Surrey Hospital

From the moment we stepped into the hospital to have our baby boy on the 29th April, the care we received was second to none. The midwife who delivered our baby was exceptional as was the care we received after the birth.

I found the breast feeding help at the hospital to be incredible. My son wouldn't latch onto me on his first day. I was taught & helped to hand express, which meant my son was still able to get the best from me. On the second day, my little boy was still struggling to latch into me. The advice & care at the hospital meant that we stayed an extra night to establish feeding before going home. Without this help I'm sure we would have ended up back in hospital at a later date, which would have been stressful for me & my little boy. Instead of this, by the time we went home, I was happy & confident that I could feed my son unassisted. What a great feeling! Even better than this, was knowing the support would still be available at the hospital need we return. Lex, was fantastic. Even offering advice outside of her working hours.

I can't praise the care we received enough. Thank you East Surrey.

Response from Eloise Clarke, Communications Manager, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear 'Angie Reynolds'

I am delighted to hear that your son is doing well and no doubt demanding a lot of milk from you now he is a few weeks old. Thank you for taking the time out to to tell us about your experience at East Surrey Hospital and how happy you were with the service we gave you. I know the breastfeeding experts at the hospital are a vital source of knowledge and support to new mums, and I will pass on your thanks to the team who cared and supported you.

Congratulations on the birth of your son,

Many thanks,