"Hernia or no hernia"

About: Royal Free Hospital

My CT scan in January 2012 showed a suspected hernia. I managed to get the hospital to agree an operation on May 3rd. Was called for a pre op which turned out not to be as thourough as it was supposed to be because of my medical and emotional history with the hospital. Was called in at 7.30am and eventually had the op at 4.30pm.I found out two disturbing things the next day, One I was given codeine and my notes clearly state that I am allergic to opiates. Two that there was no hernia. I was appalled and frightened by this.When I visited again I did speak to PALS and to the Liver Resection surgeon in January 2013 but I have had no communication from the hospital asto why this happened. Maybe I spoke to the wrong people.

Response from Royal Free Hospital

We're sorry to hear about your experience - our PALS team are definitely the right people to speak to, do contact them again if you'd like to discuss this further. All the contact details are available here - http://www.royalfree.nhs.uk/default.aspx?top_nav_id=1&sel_left_nav=30&tab_id=13