"Afternoon wait"

About: Bassetlaw Hospital

Had a appointment here, travelled from doncaster, did not expect a wait of one hour 45 minutes.!

I eventually left without seeing a doctor, as I was not prepared to wait any longer.

It would have been nice if staff could have updated on the wait, was there a emergency etc .?

No fault of the hospital but I had to bring my severely disabled son with me, so could not wait to be seen.

But have had a long afternoon for nothing, not impressed at all .

Response from Bassetlaw Hospital

We're sincerely sorry to hear this. It certainly isn't the experience we want patients to have when they visit us for an appointment. We would really like to look into this further to find out what happened and why, if the clinic was delayed in this way, you weren't kept informed. We are also keen to make sure your appointment is re-booked and that you don't have a similar experience next time. If you would like to contact Lib Jones, Matron for Outpatients, she will be happy to arrange this for you. You can contact her by email or phone 01302 366666 and ask to be put through to her. (Our email format is firstname.lastname@dbh.nhs.uk)