"Jasmine Suite"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I had to visit the Jasmine suite to have a smear because my gp or nurse couldnt do it as my cervix bled. I was asked loads of questions before hand but felt my answers were ignored. Then a biopsy was taken. There were 3 people in the room with me, the Doctor his helper and this other person who kept asking me ridiculous questions whilst i was in a very uncomfortable position. I had been kept waiting for over 2 hours and i was very very nervous. The doctor proceeded with the biopsy even though i was very jumpy and uncomfortable. He even said to me Oh you really dont like this do you! Does anybody? He then said that even if the results come back ok he would want to do a further procedure and he presumed that i would want that under anaesthetic! Really why would anybody want to go under anaesthetic if they didnt have to? I then had to wait almost 8 weeks for the results, when i rang the department they said they were short staffed. Thats ok i'll just wait to see if i have anything bad then shall I?

It was the worst experience i have had so far, and now i have to wait to go and have this other procedure....

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

I am very sorry to hear of your distressing experience, the Trust values all feedback whether of a positive or a negative experience and I have shared your feedback with the relevant team. If you would like to discuss further then please contact Patient and Customer services on 0161 419 5356

Cath Marsland Head of Risk and Customer Services

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not been responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams for them to reflect and learn from your experience so that improvements could be made in the services we offer.

Patient and Customer Services Manager