"Gallbladder removed"

About: West Cornwall Hospital (Penzance)

I had my operation ten days ago, and now feel completely recovered. I was very ill before my op, so to feel so well so soon is fantastic. I am so glad that I had my op at Penzance, from my pre admission visit until I was discharged, all the staff I met were professional, kind, and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble for them, I was kept informed of everything that was happening, and all my questions were answered, I was completely reassured that they were taking good care of me. The whole place was spotlessly clean.

The op itself was over fairly quickly, and I was home within 7 hours of having it done. It is quite uncomfortable for the first 2 days, so keep taking the pain killers. I would say you need someone with you for a couple of days to give you some TLC. I found that a hot water bottle and lots of cushions to support your tummy each side were very usefull. I hope this review has been helpful Good Luck.

Response from West Cornwall Hospital (Penzance)

Our staff at West Cornwall are proud of the high standards of care they strive to achieve and will be delighted to receive your feedback. Thank you.