"No internal communication!"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

I was seen in the gastroenterology clinic 6 weeks ago and was given an internal referal to the surgical team for bowel resection. Despite calling 4 times now to chase up where my appointment is, an appointment has not been made! I am in permanent pain, so waiting this length of time just for the outpatient appointment is disgusting.

One would expect an internal referal to take no longer than an external referal from my GP, however I was seen in the gasatroenterology clinic quicker than this when referred by my GP last year. The administration I have received from this hospital is diabolical!

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on the delay you are experiencing with a referal for bowel surgery. I am very sorry to read of your situation.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you. If you feel this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Experience Team on 0800 7835774. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is patient.experience@cddft.nhs.uk

Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: -

Patient Experience Team

Darlington Memorial Hospital

Hollyhurst Road

County Durham

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team